City Government > City Departments > Fire Department > Recruitment
The San Benito Fire Department is interested in recruiting fire fighters to assist the community with emergency situations such as:
- Technical and water rescues
- Medical emergencies
- Hazardous material releases
Our Fire Fighter recruitments are done through the Civil Service department. Our eligibility list for job openings is updated yearly. Openings are posted on local news papers.
In order to become a San Benito Fire Fighter you must meet the following criteria.
- High school diploma or GED
- Between 18 to 36 years of age
- Pass urine exam
- Pass department agility test
- Pass background check