The City of San Benito implemented a stormwater management plan (SWMP), which includes best management practices developed for each of the following seven minimum control measures:
- Public education, outreach, and involvement BMPs
- Illicit discharge detection elimination BMPs
- Construction site storm water runoff control BMPs
- Post-construction storm water management in new development and redevelopment BMPs
- Pollution prevention/good housekeeping for municipal operations BMPs
- Impaired receiving waterbodies with and without total maximum daily loads BMPs
- Legal Authority BMPs
Relationship between the Clean Water Act and the City of San Benito The MS4 general permit authorizes the discharge of storm water to surface water in the state from small MS4s that are located in an urbanized area as defined by the U. S Census Bureau.
‘What is an MS4?
A municipal separate storm water system (MS4) is a system that is owned or operated by a public agency examples: cities, towns, municipals utility districts, drainage districts, state and/or federal agencies. The separate storm sewer system consists of ditches, curbs, gutters, storm waters and similar means of conveying or collection stormwater runoff that do not connect with a wastewater collection system or a wastewater treatment plant for treatment.
Best Practices for Your
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ)
- Arroyo Colorado Watershed Partnership
- LRGV Stormwater Task Force
- EPA Planet Protectors Club for Kids
- Polluted Runoff Nonpoint Source Pollution US EPA
- EPA -Stormwater Outreach materials and Reference Documents
- RGV Stormwater Taskforce
Email Bernard Rodriguez
Phone: 956-361-3804 ext 415
Email Cleo Longoria
Phone: 956-361-3804, ext 406
ail Nydia Estrada
Phone: 956-361-3804 ext. 402
Code Enforcement Department
400 N. Travis St.
San Benito, Texas 78586
Having trouble finding what you are looking for?
Contact us on the phone during business hours (956) 361-3800 EXT 403 or 409 or by email any time. Email the Stormwater Department or file a complaint in the Complaint section.