Public Notice of Unclaimed Property
Valued between $10 - $100
Every year various departments of the City of San Benito report unclaimed cash from uncashed vendor payments, deposits, utility refunds, court fees, over payments or any other transactions creating a credit balance. This property is presumed abandoned and is subject to Chapter 76 of the Title 6, Unclaimed Property Texas Property Code.
This window allows you to view the list of Unclaimed Property online by alphabetical order of the last name of the payee. If you identify a property that you believe belongs to you, you may print and complete the claim form and send it to the Finance Department along with proper identification supporting your claim to ownership. The Finance department will review the information received and may:
- Accept your claim of ownership and remit the property to you
- Contact you for more information, or
- Deny your claim by notifying you in writing
View a list of unclaimed property.
For additional information, please call, email or write to the following:
- Call 956-361-3800
- Email SB Finance with the necessary information
- City of San Benito - Finance 485 N Sam Houston Boulevard San Benito, Texas 78586
Unclaimed Property Forms (Adobe PDF):